buy mill test certificatee

1. A Mill Test Report or MTR is documentation from a testing facility that usually shows the chemical makeup and physical strength/properties of materials required to meet certain ASME and ASTM grades. For example, the company I am with deals primarily with stainless and carbon steel for vessel manufacture and we have to have MTRs for every piece of steel that we receive. The MTR shows the percentage of alloy used in manufacture, the tensile strength, the yield strength, reduction of area, elongation, and hardness of a sample piece to represent the whole batch of a run of material. The MTR proves that the material we receive meets the grade we require. 2. This is issued by the company that does the testing. It can be from the mill itself if they have the equipment or by an outside company who tests for the mill. 3. I can see where they might want a certificate showing what was used to make the PU coating or even a MSDS sheet from you the supplier but a MTR is just that, a MILL test report so sounds to me like they want it for the pipe. 4. They would have to contact the vendor of the pipe or the mill to get the MTR if that is what they want. Did your customer supply the pipe or did O&G Co. buy it themselves? Whoever bought it should be responsible for obtaining the MTR and they will need a heat number from the pipe itself to know which report they need. Hope this helps and good luck.2MrKoki, Typically a MTR is required to show what type and grade of material (pipe) is used. These requirements will come from the job specs and referenced code. Additionally, some specs also call for a CMTR. This is a MTR that has the signature of the manufacture rep. This MTR should be available from the company that the pipe was purchased from. What we do is note on the PO that a MTR is required and what type and grade of material is required. The MTR only covers the pipe, not the coating. The approval of a third party is just a review of the MTR by a neutral party. We typically provide MTR's when we deliver the product, unless prior authorization is required. I would just ask the other sub, that is making the pipes, for a copy of the MTR's for the pipe. Then give it to your primary. This is typical.1ISO 10474 and EN 10204 are a couple of standards that can be consulted to answer parts 1 & 2 of your question. As for part 3, the answer would beyes, it can apply to PU topcoats but one would have to question the value of doing so. I would hazard a guess that, in true oil & gas fashion, the contractor letting the work to you has either not bothered, or has the competence, to filter the requirements for realism! Should you find yourself having to go through with item 4, then try here for some guidancehttp:/ /iso.o rg/iso/iso _catalogue /catalogue _tc/catalo gue_tc_bro wse.htm?co mmid=54998 Steve Jones Materials & Corrosion Engineer linkedin/pub/8/83b/b04certification Valve engineering Eng TipsApr 03, 2012Material test Certificates QC, Inspection & Testing Oct 21, 2011See more resultsAuthorsJohn R LuckeyAboutPublic interest · Legislation · Government spending · Government procurement